Friday, August 24, 2007

I wonder if I already have skin cancer?

They say it only takes five sunburns to start the process of cancerous cells forming on your skin. Well, I don't have an exact counter, but I am sure that I have surpassed that mark decades ago. Traveling with my mother through the beaches of Australia, New Zealand, Kenya, Hawaii, the list goes on - I never recall her once ever putting sunscreen on me. Now here I am, noticing daily a new mole or freckle that has got me wondering. Frequently I visit the doctor and get him to check them out, but at the rate these things are appearing all over my body, the government is going to cancel my health care plan. So what should I do? Well let's start here first. The link should give you a full guide on how to distinguish your paranoia from evidence. The next post will detail exactly what is skin cancer? What I do know is that the best sunscreen is the right start.

No comments: